Have you heard about a restaurant named A&W? Probably, you have heard about it a lot. However, do you know about what the restaurant is? Is it serving healthy foods or not? To know more about this A&W restaurant, just read on!
What A&W Restaurant Is?
A&W restaurant is a fast food restaurant which is distinguished by its burgers, root beer floats, and draft root beer. It is like the other fast food restaurants which have thousands of locations of restaurants spread around the world.
You can see this restaurant easily in every big city in some countries. It becomes famous like their competitors because they serve delicious and unique meals.
History of A&W Restaurant
The story begins when Roy W. Allen opened the first stand sold root beer on June 20, 1919, in Lodi, California. Four years later, he opens the A&W with his friend, Frank Wright, for its drive-in restaurant in Sacramento, California. Its restaurant’s name is the combination of their initials. They were selling the root beer of Allen.
Allen purchased Frank Wright’s stake in 1924. A year later, Allen began franchising his root beer and the other dishes. Between 1950 and 1960, the franchises were using the older model and signing 20 to 25-year contracts. In 1956, it went international which had opened the restaurants in Canada, Quebec, Montreal, Manitoba, and Winnipeg.
It had over 2,000 retail stores in 1960. Three years later, the chain opened in Okinawa for the first store. Then, it was opened in Malaysia and the Philippines in the following years.
A&W Restaurant’s Profile
From its history, you can make brief information about this restaurant. This is a profile restaurant:
Restaurant’s Type: Private
Restaurant’s Industry: Fast Food
The restaurant’s founded: on June 20, 1919, in Lodi, California, U.S.
Restaurant’s founder: Frank Wright and Roy W. Allen
Headquarters: in Lexington, Kentucky, U.S.
Products: chicken, hamburgers, cheese curds, root beer, and hot dogs
While you are coming to this restaurant, it will be better if you do know first about their menu. Absolutely, every single restaurant has its different menus and so you can access it on the internet.
You might see that this restaurant serves:
– Root Beer. It is its signature item since 1919. It is caffeine free and made with a blend of berries, spices, bark, herbs, and real cane sugar.
– Papa Burger. It contains two juicy beef patties, its signature A&W Papa Sauce, pickles, onion, tomato, lettuce, two American cheese slices on a lightly butter-toasted bun.
– Bacon Double Cheeseburger. It contains a full 1/3 pound of beef patties, pickles, onions, tomato, lettuce, crispy hickory-smoked bacon, and two American cheese slices on a lightly butter-toasted bun.
– Original Bacon Cheeseburger. It contains crispy hickory-smoked bacon and beef, pickles, onions, tomato, lettuce, and American cheese on the butter-toasted bun. It is called as All-American Classic Burger.
– Chicken Strips. It is a white meat chicken which is covered with lightly breaded and served with dipping sauce.
– Coney Dog. It is an original dish in A&W Restaurant. It is a beef hot dog and topped with sweet onions and its signature meaty chili sauce.
– Hot Dog. It is a juicy beef frank without frills on it.
– Corn Dog Nuggets. It is mini hot dogs which covered with sweet cornmeal and deep fried it.
These are the information of A&W Restaurants you might to know. Just taste how delicious their meals are and you can fall in love with fast foods. They also are open the delivery order, so you can still eat them from your beloved home.